======================================================================

Congratulations on finding this small, little blog of mine! :)

======================================================================

Tuesday 10 January 2012

This is not a new year's resolution!

2012 has just begun. I'm never really a fan of new year's resolutions but for some reason, being pressured among others, I've always made resolutions that were never revisited nor kept. God knows what happened to them!

Anyhow, it hasn't been a very good start at all this year. There are a couple of things that I'm just not happy about, and the good/bad part is, it's about myself. The good part is, I can change that. The bad part is, it's not going to be easy.

Anyhow, instead of making new year resolutions, I'm going to make solutions for these issues:

1. Be more careful!
Barely a week has passed and I've lost two of my possessions which I have to say, could have been avoided completely if not for my lack of mindfulness. First is my dear TGIF Bros Bottle in Jusco. The second is my swimming trunks!

2. Be more efficient!
More than once, I've caught myself procrastinating even though I know very well that I'm going to regret it later. A lot. Temptations of HIMYM and Big Bang Theory should be minimised! Glee has somewhat faded off from uninteresting to almost a bore recently.

3. Be more daring!
I'm not usually a cowardice person, but when it comes to certain things, especially the emotional side of me...let's just say I'm not one who usually connects with that part of me and put it out in the open for everyone to see. All I wanna say is I want to be more emotionally connected to people instead of always talking about facts, ideas or worse arguing. As Anthony Robbins said:


"The quality of your life is the quality of your relationships"

This is one gargantuan task IMHO. I know some people who are natural conversationalist. But, honestly, I don't know where to even start. Oh, and daring also means keeping other people's views out of the equation at times when they don't count. Yeap, that does take some courage, but that's what I'm going to try this time around.

Well, there's three resolutions/virtue/principle right there to start off the year. And oh, I'm starting a 365 Grateful project, inspired by Devi :) For the time being, the link to the page will be by clicking the middle picture with no title at the very top of this page, or here.







0 thoughts: