======================================================================

Congratulations on finding this small, little blog of mine! :)

======================================================================

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Wrap Up: January '12

I don't usually like to do wrap ups, but this year, I shall try to do a monthly review. They serve 2 purposes: to remind me of how far I've come, what I've done and also hopefully inspires me to do better every month onwards.

January of 2012 seemed like a blur of events rushing through one after the other albeit the fact that I'm still on my summer break! Right after ushering in the New Year, we ushered in the Chinese New Year. In between was all the non-finishing spring cleaning, shopping and CNY planning.

I had this post entitled CNY doesn't make you a Superman for some time, but I guess all I wanted to say was,  CNY is far from a relaxing holiday, what with all the midnight and early morning temple visits, catering food, sending gifts over, reunion dinner, cleaning, decorating, packing red packets, painting (I painted a section f the wall all by myself! so proud :D ), rituals, meeting up with relatives you only get to meet once a year, etc. trying so hard to just make everything perfect.

And when CNY first day arrives, everyone is just too tired to be in a celebratory mood somehow. I've noticed a lack of activity on the morning of the first day year after year. I somehow wish we had more energy to enjoy and reap what we sowed the past week of hard labour cleaning the house. This is turning out to be a CNY post..LOL

Anyways, beside the New Years, I've been busy organising the house. I like to create systems that is practical, especially if it is used like every other day. Feels really rewarding. Right now, I'm sorting all our family photos, backing them up, and trying to come up with an easy to input-organise-find system for everyone in the house to use.

I've also been working on my past travel journals. Way overdue writings, but thankfully there's pictures to guide me! There's 3 photobook vouchers I've yet to utilise and they expire SOON! And oh! We went on a super spontaneous family trip when one of my uncles came over to bai nian. We were talking and suddenly, the topic of holidays came into spotlight. 3 hours later, we were on a road trip to Fraser's Hill! I think this just breaks the record for shortest holiday planning ever! That reminds me, Fraser's Hill's a totally different story, maybe I'll post up some pictures (hint: very English setting! me likey)

Overall, this month has seen a good catching up with family, relatives, high school friends, high school teachers and very interesting conversations and struck a chord deep down within me, and as always, with the most unlikely people in the most unlikely settings. I'm happy nonetheless. Although it has been quite a journey, I look forward to and dread February at the same time. Best friend's coming back from Deutschland, but it's also time to get back to uni! I shall enjoy the holidays while it lasts! Adios~

2 thoughts:

Hmm.. I like the idea of end-of-the-month review thing you're starting here. It's good to review what you've done and what you strive to do better in the future. Because sometimes, months just flew past without us realizing it. :)

You're absolutely right. Months flew by in 2011..not gonna happen again! :)