======================================================================

Congratulations on finding this small, little blog of mine! :)

======================================================================

Friday 25 May 2012

The Bee Gees

The Bee Gees. Where so I even begin?

A couple of week ago, for some reason, I stumbled upon Bee Gee's Too Much Heaven, and starte listening to their songs. Before that, a search in my playlist for Bee Gees would turn up only Let It Be(i don't know why it's here, should be The Beatles), You Win Again and Words.

I wouldn't say I haven't heard their songs before, but I never knew it was them! It's just soooo high pitched and I initially thought it was sung by a girl - think How Deep Is Your Love and Stayin' Alive.

Well, now I know better. And as I ran through one clip after another on YouTube, I kept seeing prayers like "keep fighting, Robin" all across. So, naturally, I started to wonder what's up?!

A little bit of googling and Wikipeadia let to a reading their biography of sorts. Initially, I didn't even know that they were a group of brothers! I knew they were great and all, but being brothers and 2 of them twins! - it's just s amazing!

Well, last Monday morning, I heard the news of Robin's passing away from cancer and immediately, Bee Gees was on replay. I couldn't understand why, but I guess all the names I grew up listening to are passing away one by one. And to think that I have just discovered their songs makes it even worse!

Anyhow, I'm sure the Bee Gees music will live on forever and I'll keep tuning in to find more undiscovered gems of theirs. May peace be with you, Robin, and godspeed.

Here is a poem I wrote on monday night:

Roses are read,
Mondays are blue,
Robin, you're dead,
We'll miss you. 


2 thoughts:

I know most of the Bee Gees' songs, but the ones that stood out for me are 'Words' and 'I Started A Joke'. So full of reminiscence.

It's saddening to know that the world is losing all the great singers, one after another.

Hi Charlotte!

Yeap, indeed we are losing the golden names one by one! No one even comes close to matching their legacy in this modern times.

*Continues playing Bee Gees music*

=)