======================================================================

Congratulations on finding this small, little blog of mine! :)

======================================================================

Thursday 31 May 2012

Wrap Up: May 2012

It felt like only yesterday I wrote the warp up for April. Ok, so I was late for April. Not gonna let that be a habit, so here I am writing this little post up for your viewing pleasures.

Started with a bang - the Ajahn Brahm Public Seminar and also the Selangor State Wesak Celebration MC gig. Read about it here.

Most prominent project in May? For any other Engineering student in my batch, they would probably say TRC3000! Well, that and the MyMonash Moments short film competition! The video has been completed and was submitted just this afternoon, but I'm not sure if I can publish it just yet. It is a competition after all.

But throughout the writing and filming and editing of the video, I have learnt SO MUCH! I met so many people, or rather so many sides of the people I thought I knew, people I pass by in the corridor but never really talk to. It's just such an amazing experience. Which reminds me that next time I start a project, I should probably write a day-to-day journal on the project since I have kinda short term memory for new things.

But luckily, there was Project 365 Grateful as an incentive to write down what little I'd like to share with the blogosphere.What I'll say is this: It's not easy casting people, but most everyone I asked sportingly agreed to help out :) And for the part of the friend whom I pass by in the corridor but never really talk to, here's a snippet I wrote about him:

"Grateful to finally found a friend who has and who is willing to lend me his DSLR so I could record my video tomorrow. I know I've not been the best of friends with him, and yet, the fact that he so willingly lent me his RM3k++ camera without a second thought just blows me away! Even friends that I know weren't quite as willing. So from now on, I pledge to try my very best to be a better friend, to not judge and to open up my heart and give everyone a chance. Grateful to find such a beautiful soul =) Thank you for showing me that."
I asked many people, most don't have the kind of camera I need, others not so willing to trust me with their gear, and when I almost almost hit a brick wall, I decided, you know what, let's just ask. And he immediately agreed! No second thought. I.am.blown.away! And not just one day, but I extended a bit and then borrowed again for the second part of the shooting. Couldn't have done it without him!

Another side project of mine was helping my ESC course mate do a voice-over for their presentation (Sakyamuni Dharma Centre). It's yet another new experience and yes, again I'm very happy to be able to help! I'm trying to get the slideshow so I can post it up here. Look out for it!

Also, May marks the end of the semester. All that is standing between me and freedom are four bloody   paper. Wish me luck!


4 thoughts:

So you understood passion... Referring to your latest gratefulness xD

I don't claim that I'm an expert at it, cause it's only known to the person experiencing it. Means I can't tell you what passion is, or what is your passion, but i can tell you what it feels like. It makes you tick. Your heart races just thinking about it. Your whole body, mind, soul, gut, whatever tell you to do this. And you get nervous, a butterfly or two, but you still do it anyway. And also, willing to do anything, against all odds to do it. Sacrificing time, energy, money. And most importantly, the reason behind it. I feel I do it for the sake of doing. Because I like it, money is simply an incentive, and so I do it. I think, therefore, I believe that yes, I have found one of my passions. What's yours?

What's mine?! That's a difficult question. lols

To be fair, it's never easy..haha