======================================================================

Congratulations on finding this small, little blog of mine! :)

======================================================================

Sunday 10 March 2013

Last Final Goodbye

A friend once asked me, "Would you regret doing something, or not doing something?". It kinda caught me off guard at first, but it really got me thinking, even after 2 years.

You see, this is the last semester of my undergraduate course. And I really hate goodbyes. I suck at them! But final being final means I should make the most out of it. I've been prioritizing relationships from the start if the sem. Relationships with friends, with lecturers, random strangers.

It's like that feeling that if I don't do this now, the moment's gonna past, and I'm gonna regret this. So I guess, the answer to my friend's question would be regretting not doing it. Mark Twain said:


“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

So, I guess, yeap, I'm taking every opportunity to savour my last semester in uni. I'm thinking Toastmasters for one. I've always wanted to try rock climbing, but something about it being so public kinda scares me inside. And dancing! It seems like such a fundamental part of being human, and yet I've never tried it. I've also tried sitting in classes outside of my own, just for the fun of it :)

What about you? Would you regret doing something, or not doing something?

3 thoughts:

I'm not good at goodbyes either.

Anyway, in reference to your question, Will, I'd have to say that it's both: I regret doing and not doing something.

That quote you quoted is not making sense. Now when I do A, I'll regret because I didn't do B. If I did B, I'll regret if I don't do A. Hence, I will surely regret, because I can't possibly do everything.

@Charlotte, I guess in the end, we'll just have to choose which ones are worth doing. Thanks for dropping by :)

@Esmonde, i intended and I believe, so does the quote that it's more like the moment you're choosing whether or not to do A.