======================================================================

Congratulations on finding this small, little blog of mine! :)

======================================================================

Sunday 3 March 2013

Would You Do It All Over Again?

Looking back, it's been some time since I actually wrote. And I read here that only 1% of Netizens are creators, and I quote " for every person who posts on a forum, generally about 99 other people are viewing that forum but not posting."

So, in an effort to enter that 1% or perhaps increase it, I'm committing every Saturday to PickMyBrain - a new label I just coined :) Basically, it'll feature my opinion on a particular topic, and then, I'd like to hear YOURS! Here's the first:

5 years ago, I started my Engineering foundation, pretty sure that it's the least wrong choice I could make. 'Least wrong choice'?! Yeap. Basically I didn't know what I wanted or what I was good at. But judging by my academic records, everyone seemed to be sure that engineering will grow on me sooner or later.

Well, in a way it has, and hasn't. I'll tell you why it has first. Engineering, though, not particularly my forte, is something I can do. Back in my first and second years, I told myself that if I fail one subject this sem, I'm gonna change course or something. Thank goodness I didn't have to, right till my final year!

I am blessed, I truly am. The friends I meet in my course are one wacky bunch! And I think it's not just me, but it's and engineering thing! Engineering students will definitely know what I mean. I think  all those late nights and lame jokes definitely played a part.

Jokes aside, I personally believe that engineering trains the mind. Trains the mind to see things objectively, to investigate the root cause systematically and so much more! Through the thickest sh*t, I think I've actually learned to 'never, ever ever give up!'

Now, doesn't this seems like a perfect resume essay? It probably is. But that's just it. All this ends with your university life! Recently, I got the chance to peek inside an engineer's life through the compulsory industrial training. And I think it suffice to say that 3 months is more than enough.

So, what happens now? When suddenly you realise that the last 5 years of your life was spent on a hunch? Would you do it all over again? or what would you change/do differently? Remember, produce more than you consume. Hit me a comment below! :)

2 thoughts:

If you're directing the question to me, ah, I'll do it all over again another course. But I would like to keep my engineering course xD

But then again, the problem is, doing something else does not guarantee that its better, could be even worse than engineering!