======================================================================

Congratulations on finding this small, little blog of mine! :)

======================================================================

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Problem?

My car battery just died. Sucks, doesn't it?

It all started in the morning with unexpected traffic jams which lead to me being late for class. A slight rain made me turn my car lights up half a notch. A quick chat with the security guard saw me absent mindedly putting the parking ticket somewhere I wouldn't normally put.

And it all comes back to haunt me in the end. I've had this weird almost psychic feeling that something was amiss, but I stayed optimistic and brushed it off. After a very important meeting which lasted till 10pm plus, I went back to my car to find it busted.

The worst part is that I promised to send my friend back home but obviously, the ticket wasn't with me. Going back to my car obviously only brings more bad news from the moment the central locking failed. Had to make alternative arrangements for her transport back home.

In the process of doing that, the President, also my friend and teacher advisor were alerted to my condition. They were very concerned and very willing to help although I told them there was nothing they can do.

My sister came to my rescue although the night roads did made her loose her sense of direction. I'm so very glad and grateful because it's almost 11pm and that means bed time.

Surprisingly, throughout this whole trying incident, I wasn't particularly angry besides the initial discovery. It was more of a disappointment as it really disrupts my schedule today and tomorrow. But along the way, I made a few phone calls that made my day.

The first was to my sister of course. All too willing to help. Then, I decided to call up my best friend who was on his way to the airport whom I will probably not see for another year or so. Then it was to my friend, who already gave me transport the whole of last week to and from uni. Also gladly received my call for another favour tomorrow.

In times of distress and trouble like these. A few phone calls can easily tell you who your real friends are in trying moments. As the saying goes "A friend in need is a friend indeed" Very true. And I'm eternally grateful for all the support shown to me in this one night.


So, even after all these unfavourable incidents, I can say this:

0 thoughts: