======================================================================

Congratulations on finding this small, little blog of mine! :)

======================================================================

Sunday 5 February 2012

Eat To Live






Not live to eat; and so the quote goes. I can't say I'm at one of the extremes (looking down at my spare tyre), btu I'm definitely changing my eating habits since IDC 34. Eating less, and eating slower. This brings me to my new favourite restaurant - Bei Zhan. 

If you're familiar with Chinese meals, they usually come serving after serving and there will be like 8 to 9 courses. Each course serves everyone on the table to the brim. You can only imagine what happens to your tummy after 9 courses.

Back to the topic. Bei Zhan is different in the sense that they don't overfeed you like turkeys for Thanksgiving. Instead their portion are quite small, but just enough that everyone gets a taste. Take a look:


The first time I went, I was quite shocked as I was worried there wouldn't be enough food for everyone. But this is the second time I dined there and both occasions turned out to be just right. Plates were sparkling clean and tummies were filled just right. Not to mention also, in an effort to eat more healthily, we had more greeeeeeens >>>

There was also a very unique dish with mangoes, grapes, macadamia nuts, and a host of other "healthy foods" seen in the middle of the first picture.
 Anyhow, I'm not here to promote Bei Zhan, but just to encourage myself and people out there not to overfeed yourselves this CNY/year/ever, instead eat to live. Happy Li Chun everyone!

2 thoughts:

How i wish i could give you mine!